Thursday, 15 March 2012

That aint no footsie…!!


Talking about one time when Kiran and I were under the same part of the sky, which happens as frequently as those lunar eclipses (quite far fetched metaphor, but exactly my point), talking about it because I haven’t touched my blog for a long time now and no better way to do that than to put to paper one of those embarrassing moments when you wish land beneath you falls apart and sucks you in. No, it is not that bad. But bad enough that you would want to shout from rooftop what actually transpired. And this is exactly the shouting from rooftop part.
So that one time, Kiran and I walked into a restaurant, got seated, placed our order and were making random dinner table conversation which wasn’t even remotely romantic (this needs to be stressed at this point so that you, fellow reader won’t jump into conclusion after reading the following). HE as a part of getting comfortable in his seat, tried to stretch his legs which did quite unintentionally reach over to my half of the ground below the table and brushed against my legs which immediately sent distress signals to my brain indicating that a slimy snake might be crawling up my legs. I reacted like any normal human under snake attack. Well I don’t quite remember how the reaction went - might have screamed like under zombie-attack; might have fluttered up like a cock in a rooster fight; might have rattled all the crockery on the table; on top of everything might have laughed out loud after realising it was just Him trying to stretch his stiff legs and not a snake out in the city. Nevertheless when I came to senses after those conflicting ten seconds, I was looking at an embarrassed first accused sitting across me trying hard to hide his face with his brawny hands. The next sight was the obese woman sitting next to us staring at me like that teacher from K.G. and shifting her glare to her daughter which clearly said “this is exactly the kind of person I don’t want you to become when you grow up”. I looked at her apologetically trying to look as innocent as I could. A couple of other glances might have meant “Get a room guys”. How I wanted to explain to those scrupulous minds we will definitely do that if we ever wanted to and will never play footsie in a public place for family and this one time not at all. There might have been a couple of guys in the room whose hearts might have gone all out to the first accused struck down by a stupid/crazy date/girlfriend who wasn’t sensitive to the moves he made. If those guys ever happen to read this, the probability of which is when sun rises in the west, trust me-the first accused aint not so into PDA.
So what if I create a furore on the lines of afore mentioned snake attack even when somebody calmly greets me from behind my back when I am staring hard into my buggy code, so what if I embarrass people who get shocked themselves trying to shock me, that just means I have a way-too-hyperactive reflex which kind of runs in my family. How my neighbors would have man-handled my own father, because his two lovely daughters were screaming their asses out sensing some thief was trying to sneak into their house through front door during power-cut at mid-night. That night my father might have learnt a lesson never to walk in silently into his own household. Sad I know. Surprising any female in my family might end you up in jail. SO DON’T.

2 comments:

  1. Haha..had a nice laugh ... I was thinking of Kiran's expression then, ha by this time he might got used to all such unexpecteds ... Nee nannavilla ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. he he..Kiran naanam kettu poi di..paavam..:P

    ReplyDelete